Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved (if large I cut them into 4)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (this is soy sauce but without the soy, gluten and wheat)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- roasted peanuts, chopped for topping
- sesame seeds for topping
Key to this recipe is a cast iron pan!
Heat pan over medium high heat with olive oil. Toss in all your ingredients except for the toppings.
Let sit and brown for about 5 minutes on both sides – toss often after that until crispy and golden brown
Serve immediately with crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!