Glazed Lemon Cranberry Muffins (gluten free and vegan options)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, quartered
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, from 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (you can use regular too)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs If vegan sub in 1/2 Cup Applesauce!
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, from 1 organic lemon
Preheat oven 425F – spray 12 cup muffin pan or put in liners.
In a small bowl throw in chopped cranberries, the lemon zest, and 1 tbsp sugar – set aside
In large bowl mix together dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients except for the almond milk.
Mix together dry and wet ingredients, add in milk, then fold in the cranberries.
Scoop the muffin batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool on cooling rack.
While waiting for muffins to cool prepare your glaze – then drizzle over top of each muffin. Enjoy!