- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 stick butter
- 1 bag stuffing OR 5 cups stale bread torn into pieces and baked
- 2.5 cups broth chicken, vegetable or bone
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
melt butter and sauté onion and celery until they start to soften. Add broth to warm. Sauté mushrooms on the side.
Remove and transfer to a large bowl – add stuffing mix. Stir and rest until liquid is absorbed and cubes are moist. (About 10 minutes)
add in the sautéed mushrooms and cranberries – toss again then transfer to casserole dish.
Pop into the oven at 350F for 30 minutes!
Other delicious add-ins: cooked sausage, cooked wild rice, apples, or walnuts!