Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- spring roll sheets (rice paper)
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and then sliced into strips with a peeler
- 2 mini Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced into strips with a peeler
- 1/4 cup Green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup mircrogreens
Spring Roll Dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- water, as needed to thin
1. Mix all spring roll veggie ingredients together in a bowl – dress them with the spring roll vinaigrette you made and put aside.
2. To soften rice paper paper place one at a time in warm water and let it rest for about 20 seconds, give or take. You’ll learn to go by feel here—wait until the sheet is pliable but not super floppy and flip. Carefully lay it flat on a plate and begin to fill with vegetable mixture.
3. Leaving about 1 inch of open rice paper around the edges, fill with you veggie mix and sprinkle generously with the microgreens.Fold the lower edge up over the fillings, rolling upward just until the filling is compactly enclosed.
4. Fold over the short sides like you would to make a burrito. Lastly, roll it up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
5. To make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and garlic. Whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons water, as needed to make a super creamy but dip-able sauce.
6.Serve the spring rolls with peanut sauce on the side. You can serve them whole, or sliced in half on the diagonal with a sharp chef’s knife. I also love using Trader Joe’s Island Teriyaki Sauce for dipping!