Chickpea Zucchini Curry Dish
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 Large zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds or cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder or about an inch of fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
In a large pan heat coconut oil over medium heat. Toss in the zucchini for about 6 minutes.
Add cumin seeds and let sit for a minute then add onion, tomato, ginger and garlic. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
Now add drained chickpeas followed by vegetable stock. Stir and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook until water has been absorbed by sauce, usually 5-6 minutes – leaving it thick.
Lastly add in the coconut milk while continuously stirring the curry. Add salt and enjoy over rice! Topped with crushed kale chips.